The Union Jack - something for your 5 o'clock tea :)

I liked the colour of this mug the moment I saw it. It looks like a metallic car paint with characteristic shiny sparks. I toyed with some ideas how to paint it for a long time and finally it struck me it would be a nice background for the Union Jack. The mug was my donation for a school charity auction. Well... to be a decent English teacher I have to advertise my subject, don't I? :)

Oto kubek, który spędził dużo czasu w mojej szafce, zanim zdecydowałam co z nim zrobić. Mimo że kolor bardzo mi się podobał - wygląda zupełnie jak lakier samochodowy typu metalik - nie bardzo wiedziałam jak go wykorzystać, aż w końcu okazał się idealny jako tło dla flagi brytyjskiej i skończył na szkolnej aukcji charytatywnej. No cóż... porządny nauczyciel promuje swój przedmiot, nie? :)


How to make some really straight lines? Use adhesive tape to set a boundary for your paint but remember to unstick it gently as it can rip off all the paint you have around at and not to adjust the tape to an already painted surface. I used the tape for the white parts of the flag, but the red ones had to be done by hand only.

Jak uzyskać takie proste linii? Użyj taśmy klejącej jako granicy dla farby, ale pamiętaj, że należy ją odrywać delikatnie i nie naklejać na już pomalowanej ale nie wypieczonej powierzchni - dlatego też czerwone paski na fladze musiałam zrobić bez taśmowego triku.

Komentarze

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

FanArt: Mały Książę / The Little Prince / Le Petit Prince

FanArt: Włóczykij w kilku odsłonach / The faces of Snuffkin

FanArt: Mała Mi w kilku odsłonach